- What are some things that you knew (believe to be true) when you were younger that turned out to be wrong? (example: watermelon seeds will grow in your belly)
How did these ideas affect the way you thought or acted?
- Can you think of celebrities or products that became popular only to be replaced by the next latest, greatest person or thing?
- What are the pros and cons of placing high importance on the latest, greatest Christian celebrities, ideas and/or programs in our faith and church?
- What ideas/systems from how-to Christian books or programs have you found helpful:
In your life?
In the church?
- What ideas/systems from how-to Christian books or programs have you seen as divisive and worldly?
- Post pandemic: are there things that you once considered imperative to being a collective of Christ followers (church) that you now see as optional?
- Post pandemic: are there things that you never considered important that you now realize are very important to your faith?
Pray and reflect – if you are in a small group share as you feel comfortable.
Reveal anything that I have prioritized that should not be a priority.
Reveal new things that I need to make priorities.
Search me and reveal things I do to appear godly to others.
Guide me in the things you have for me to do so I can fulfill your will and BE godly.