- Who in your life (you don’t have to know them) do you consider to be very wise people? Why?
- What is the difference between what the world considers wisdom and what Christ followers consider wisdom?
- What are the dangers of Christ followers/the collective of Christ followers using the world’s definition of wisdom?
- Why is humility part of true biblical wisdom?
- Based on Blueprint’s definitions of knowledge, understanding and wisdom are any of these gained as you age? How does your answer change the way you view God’s role in your life?
- What do you think was Adam and Eve’s role compared to God’s role in the garden when it came to knowledge, understanding and wisdom (hint: use Satan’s promise to help you make an educated guess)?
- Are you afraid of not knowing what is coming next? Is your church afraid of not knowing what is coming next? Out of this fear of not knowing, do you/your church try to come up with a way forward just to feel comfortable? (expand)
- How can humility change your focus so that you/your church is no longer afraid of not knowing what is coming next?
Pray and reflect – if you are in a small group share as you feel comfortable.
God, be my one and only source of wisdom.
Holy Spirit, remind me constantly of my need for God’s wisdom.
Jesus, make me more and more like you so that I do nothing without the Father.